Headlines in the Calgary Herald 101 years ago, on December 13, 1923:
In the Classified section, 100 years ago:
- You can buy a Ford Coupe, with 1,500 miles on it, for $600.
- You can store your car for $2 a month.
- A baby grand piano cost $620.
- A teaching position paid $1,000 for the school year, while a principal gig was advertised for $1,400.
- A five-room, nearly new stucco bungalow within easy walking distance of downtown would sell for $4,750.
- Phone numbers of note are also published in the Classified section:
This advertisement for the Palace Theater appeared in the 13 December 1923 edition of the Herald.
With less than two weeks to go until Christmas, gift adverts have promoted everything from slippers and fountain pens to handkerchiefs and hot water bottles.